In two weeks from now, all EDIPI doctoral students and some of their supervisors will be packing for Paris, France, where the next training event will take place. This event is aimed at teaching the ESRs about, inter alia:
- attribution of extreme weather events to climate change
- tipping points of the climate systems
- balancing family life with research
- impacts of extreme events and climate change
- statistical methods for climate extremes and
- scientific communication to society, stakeholders and primary education
The students will work together to develop fact sheets aimed at the general public regarding recent extreme weather events.